I discovered a gem of a cosy café near the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam: Bar-Café Mankind. It is within walking distance to some of Amsterdam’s top tourist attractions, but locals still like to go here and that’s why I love it.
It was so cold and rainy on the day we discovered Bar-Café Mankind (thanks to Google reviews), so we opted to sit inside. But in warmer weather I would definitely sit on the canal-side terrace. Bar-Café Mankind is on the Lijnbaansgracht.
Have you perhaps found another cosy cafe near the Rijksmuseum? Please let me know! I’m always looking for new places to try out.
Why it ticks all the boxes
- Warm atmosphere – anyone is welcome
- Wide selection of beers
- Fresh ingredients and thoughtful food presentation
More fun stuff 😄
- While you’re exploring the city, look out for Amsterdam’s flower bikes. They are absolutely gorgeous works of art created by an Amsterdam artist.
- Take yourself on a self-guided walking tour of De Wallen, the oldest part of Amsterdam.
- Haarlem is another beautiful city to explore and it’s only a quick train trip from Amsterdam. The tourist guides tell you about all the hot spots to visit, but these are some of my favourite off the beaten track things to see and do: Haarlem’s only English tearoom, my favourite city park, hidden streets and beautiful buildings, street art, sculpture and Haarlem’s historic bread and flour factory. Oh, and if you’re in Haarlem on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, find this adorable coffee spot. Have fun! 💚
How to find it
Like this post? Spread the word! 😊
More to see near Amsterdam